Hey, it's Christine. For those of you that don't know me I am married to the love of my life, Kent and we have three beautiful daughters, two that still live at home. Sierra is 16 and JoAnne is 5. Last year we started the paperwork to build our new home. We are finally ready to move some dirt! It's been a long rocky road up to this point and we are so ready to start the construction. I love working with everyone at Newrock! They have been great. Eric had to deal with me from day one! He had great suggestions and was a huge help while I changed the floor plan all around. Lisa did an awesome job with the floor plan and making all the little changes I asked for. Clint bombarded me with a ton of options and had to deal with my indecisiveness. He constantly keeps me updated on what is going on! I am one of those people that needs to know what is happening even if nothing is happening! I decided to keep this blog so my husband can keep up with what is going on during the construction while he is currently working in Afghanistan and for my friends and family. Hope you guys like it!

Okay, it was so rude of me not to list the one person who put us in touch with Newrock and who volunteered to hold my hand through this whole process - my husbands good friend and realtor - Randy Peck! Randy has been "holding my hand" from day one, always answers my calls and if for some reason he doesn't know the answer to one of my million questions, he finds out for me. Thanks again Randy for always being there (oh, I'm still waiting for our dinner date.)


Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cabinet Estimate - July 19

So I am going to do a little scrambling and try to figure out how I can pay for all the cabinets I picked out!  They look great and I am so happy with them.  Now after getting the cabinet estimate and changing the floor plan a little more I need to redo my flooring and granite estimates.  I feel like when I take one step forward I really end up taking two steps back.  Maybe getting some more flooring estimates will help me break even with my cabinet costs.  Fingers crossed.  I still have to meet with the plumbing people to pick out sinks and faucets and I already now I will be going over the budget there, someone's awesome husband deserves a rocking shower with the rain shower head and body jets!  :)












No comments: